Why Strategy Needs a Rethink
We believe strategy consulting – as we know it – needs a reboot. Here are just three reasons why.
1. It's Outdated. Digital has changed everything, disrupting the status quo and rewiring business. Meanwhile strategic thinking and planning is rooted in the manufacturing world of the 20th Century. How do you play by the new rules – when there are no rules?
2. It's Too Slow. New entrants can start from scratch and grab customers in months. That’s the length of time it takes to hire consultants, and begin thinking about how to respond. By the time you're feeling disruption, it’s probably too late.
3. The Model is Broken. Ever wondered why strategy takes so long? Why your problem is unique, so complex and will take ages to solve? Consultants are in the business of selling Man Days. Time is – literally – money in consulting.
By using Lean Startup principles we harness the power of tools which disruptors use.
Upstart – A Different Approach
It's the 21st Century. There has to be a better way. Right? Here's why the Upstart approach to strategy development breaks the rules.
1. We're Relevant to Today. Fast companies use Lean Startup principles to develop breakthrough products. We take this proven way of working and apply them to solving painful strategy problems. We use the techniques which the disruptors use.
2. We're Fast. We set a three-week time limit to our work, which sharpens focus and prevents the bloat and indulgence you've come to expect from strategists. You'll have a strategy you can use within a month.
3. We Work For You. With Upstart you don't buy man days and endless slides. You invest in a proven process and a set of outcomes. We measure value in the motivation of the team and the success of the action plan when we leave. We don't consult, we collaborate.
We live, breathe and (yes, literally) eat disruption. When not on Upstart business, our core team work on their own projects, enriching their knowledge and experience of new ventures, technologies and sectors. For each project we use an "Avengers Assemble" model to bring the team together with the skills and knowledge you need to answer your question.
Does It Work ?
The Upstart way was born when our clients kept asking us to come up with a strategic direction and an action plan ASAP. We've tackled difficult-shaped topics in regulated areas such as healthcare, pharma, media, government, hardware and industrial processes.
Whenever we've worked the Upstart way it's delivered a step change in understanding, speed and mindset, taking our clients from fear to action in weeks.
We work in sensitive areas so we're not going to share case studies on our site.
Think Upstart can work for you? Get in touch and we can arrange an interview with one of five satisfied CEOs.
Times are changing. Time to change.
The future looks nothing like the past. So why carry on using the same linear models in an exponential world? Get in touch to talk about how we can help you create strategies for disruptive times.